To receive 1 new healthy recipe per week by email, subscribe and get a free gift. See at the end of this article for links to social media platforms.
This recipe is based on the Whole30® recipe. I wanted you to be able to make in a day or two in advance to let the chicken marinate in its juice for extra mucho flavor!
To learn more about the Whole30® program, you can read It Starts with Food.
This program has changed the way Mike and I see our diets. It revealed all the anxiety and unconscious associations we make with food. In other words, 30 days of extra awareness of what you put in your plate.
It’s crazy how many health benefits and energy level we gained during that time.
That was after a few days of detoxing our body of course (sugar crave!). We did the 30 days twice, and it was worth the effort. We will do it again that’s for sure.
I find that experimentation is the only way to discover which diet is a fit for you or not. We are divinely unique.
Whole30® is a phenomenal option.
I highly recommend that you read the first book, It Starts with Food. Then, if you want more, there are other books available that complete the first one (cookbooks and Melissa’s newest book; Food Freedom Forever)
Now on to the recipe. Remember that you can print or save this recipe online using Yumprint.
Great tool, it’s free, use it! 🙂
- 4 organic chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 small container of capers, approx. 100ml or 3.4 oz
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes, 796 ml or 28 oz
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 10 big sliced white mushrooms
- 2/3 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon dried oregano
- Pinch of Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Organic coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- On low to medium heat, in a big pan, blanch your onion and garlic in melted coconut oil.
- Add your chicken strips, diced tomatoes, capers, sliced mushrooms, oregano, chicken broth with a bit of salt and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cover and cook for about 12 minutes on higher heat.
- Mix well. Add your coconut milk, mix again.
- At this stage, you could very well cool your recipe and keep it in the fridge for a day or two. This will marinate the chicken for more intense flavors. Otherwise, serve immediately with aragula and white rice.
- To see a video of this recipe : https://youtu.be/FA_Zi8VdaF0
To follow The Gourmet Confession on social media platforms :
YOUTUBE : http://Youtube.com/c/Thegourmetconfession1
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/GlutenFreeRessource
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/GourmetConf
GOOGLE+ : http://Google.com/+Thegourmetconfession1
PINTEREST : https://www.pinterest.com/TheGourmetConf/
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/thegourmetconfession_johanne/
TUMBLR : http://thegourmetconfession.tumblr.com/
LINKED IN : https://ca.linkedin.com/in/johannegilbert