Chili Organic Ground Beef with Olives
Organic Ground Beef Paleo Recipe
I just love it when a ground beef recipe is simple, yet delicious enough that you’ll want to make extra portions and freeze them.
This ground beef recipe has the paleo principles you’re aiming for : protéins-vegetables-healthy fats. Make sure your protein portion isn’t bigger that the size of your hand palm.
And bonus, this recipe can also be made during a Whole30®.
The Whole30® is an effort to eliminate all food additives, colourings, alcohol,
food preservatives for a complete 30 days. As an example : liquid vanilla extract without
alcohol – verify your own bottle at home, it probably has some in it!
Paleo’s Goal : Avoid All Toxins
As you can see, there is white rice on my plate for this dish. White rice is in the gray paleo zone.
Let me explain. A grain of rice has 3 layers.
There is the brown hull exterior part (brown rice), there is the middle part and the inside, which is white (white rice).
This is what Mark Sisson has to say about white rice : The common thread is that white, milled, polished rice is basically pure starch. All the chemical negatives are found in the hull, husk, and bran, and those are easily removed or negated. It is essentially a blank slate, nothing all that bad about it, but nothing all that great, either.
That’s why white rice is in the gray zone. It doesn’t have any nutriments, but no toxins or anti-nutriments either. It is pure starch.
Conclusion? Eat it occasionally if you are not trying to loose weight. Nothing wrong with it.
Ok, now the recipe! I love the wilted spinach with this chili organic ground beef, yummy!
If you feel like it, share this recipe with your friends!
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 pinch pink salt and black pepper
- 2 big organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- 4 handful organic spinach
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- Coconut or avocado oil
- In a big skillet (with a cover), soften the garlic and onions in coconut or avocado oil.
- Add organic ground beef and break the meat using a fork. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all spices : chili, rosemary, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Then, add organic diced tomatoes, mix well and cook for 3 minutes. Add black olives and mix again.
- Once the ground beef is cooked (no more pink color), add all the spinach on top of the meat and cover for a 2 minutes. You want some wilted spinach but not too soggy.
- Serve immediately with or without white rice as a side dish - if white rice fits into your diet.
- To see a video of this recipe : https://youtu.be/d-2JCXkDEio
- Is white rice paleo friendly?