The greatest joy I’ve had lately in my home kitchen, is to see my smiling 16-year old daughter offer, out of no where, to cook dinner for us.
That night, when I looked at her cooking, a little uncertain at some point, asking mom for guidance, it amazed me how passion can be shared with the ones you love. What a strong feeling!
What is in a Healthy Recipe?
Healthy recipes are tastier when one of the ingredients is…love.
I assure you.
The picture you see here is the meal that my daughter served us that night. I can tell you that no other food could have competed with that seafood plate that was full of colorful vegetables.
Yeah, I know, I am a proud mother hen.
This being said, we often don’t think about food in a way to become super creative or even as a tool for meditation.
I could see her being so focused on what she was doing.
Isn’t that was meditation is all about? Being in the present moment.
Healthy recipes don’t have to be hard to make. Take this one for example, try it and don’t forget to add some love for a tastier version.
Write ”love” in the comments below if you’ve added some love to your healthy recipe. 🙂
- 1 pound of frozen shrimps, thawed
- 1 pound of frozen scallops, thawed
- 2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 mushrooms, finely minced
- 10 snow peas, deveined
- 1 red pepper bell, chopped
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter (or ghee)
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, put onions and garlic in coconut oil over medium heat until they become transparent.
- Add shrimps and scallops and season with salt and pepper. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Reserve.
- Sauté the remaining vegetables in the same pan for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Return scallops and shrimps to the pan, stirring delicately to combine. Add the fresh basil, sprinkle with lemon juice on medium heat for another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- You could easily substitute the seafood for raw salmon cubes or precooked lobster tails for this recipe.
- Other fresh herbs such as parsley, chives and oregano would also be delicious for this recipe.