How to Make Banana Bread
How To Make Banana Bread – Grain & Dairy free
There is a recipe I’ve been wanting to try for a while. It’s showing how to make banana bread that doesn’t use much flour but a lot of bananas.
So I decided to test it with the addition of pecans. I also used extra virgin organic coconut oil instead of clarified butter.
The result is impressive! A banana bread that is very moist, tender and not too compact like most paleo breads we see on the web. I love it!
If there is one recipe you need to make, it’s this one!
Also, you can modify some of the ingredients, such as almond butter for example. You can replace it with sunflower butter, coconut butter or any other nuts butter, like macadamia nut butter.
Finally, your bananas don’t need to be super ripe. Regular yellow bananas work perfectly.
Conclusion : it’s kinda hard to mess it up!
Try this simple, tender and moist banana bread recipe and tell me about it. I would love to hear from you.
- 2 1/2 mashed bananas (approximately 4 bananas)
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 handful of pecans
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 350 Fahrenheit degrees.
- In your blender, put your eggs, bananas, almond butter and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients (keep a few pecans for decorating).
- Mix well again. Poor the mixture in your loaf pan. Add a few pecans on top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool down and unmold. Serve with a bit of clarified butter, shredded coconut or coconut whipped cream
- You can also make some muffins out of this recipe. Use the same quantities but adjust baking time to 25 minutes for mini-muffins and approximately 30 minutes for regular muffins. Again, use a toothpick to verify if center is well baked.
- To see all steps of this recipe in a VIDEO : http://thegourmetconfession.com/how-to-make-banana-bread