Minced Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil
Minced Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil.
I often get the complaint that people don’t have enough time to cook healthy meals.
That is why I decided to start a series of videos about quick, delicious and easy to make meals.
This minced chicken recipe (organic please!) is even better a few days after it’s been cooked. All the flavors integrate the chicken strips along with the sun dried tomatoes. It makes a real explosion of flavors in your mouth.
If you can, keep some steamed white rice in your fridge to serve with your meals during the week. White rice is easily reheated. You can also add chopped veggies, spices and herbs to make a unique side dish each time.
Garder du riz blanc vapeur au frigidaire pour servir avec vos plats en semaine.
Steamed broccoli is also quick and easy to cook. Especially if you chop all your vegetables during the weekend and store them in sealed containers.
You get a complete balanced comforting meal, done in less than 30 minutes.
Here is the recipe that you can either print or save to Yumprint. All you need to do is create an account, which will take you 2 minutes. All the recipes on this website can then be saved into your own personalized cookbook.
TIP : If you install the Yumprint extension on your Google browswer, you’ll be able
to save recipes from any website you want. And it’s free!
- 3 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 5 large sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15 basil leaves (or 2 tablespoon dried basil)
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- (optional : 1/2 dry white wine)
- 1 teaspoon curcuma
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- In a big pan, poor some coconut or avocado oil to blanch the chopped onion and garlic, on medium heat.
- Add chicken strips, sun dried tomatoes, curcuma, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Continue to cook, covered, until the chicken has lost it's pink in the center.
- Add tomato sauce and fresh basil. Cook for another 3 minutes to integrate all flavors.
- Serve with white rice and steamed leafy greens or brocoli. Enjoy!